This concludes our basics of poker tutorial series. Let’s recap what we’ve learned in this tutorial:
- Poker is a card game that involves strategy, bluffing, and luck, in which players bet that they hold the highest ranking hand. Although there are many variations, all include betting rounds during which each player can either call (place a bet equal to the current bet), raise (increase the current bet), or fold (forfeit the hand).
- The rank of hands determines who wins if the game comes down to a showdown, and this rank can vary depending on the version of poker.
- There are 3 types of places where poker is played, a Casino, Online, or at Home.
- The best hand in most poker games is a Royal Flush
- There are 3 types of forced bets, an ante, blind, or bring-in.
- Each player will take his or her turn as the betting round progresses (always to the left). The player may check, bet, call, raise, or fold.
- Some major types of poker include Texas Holdem, Draw Poker, Seven Card Stud, and Omaha.
- There is a lot of etiquette involved with playing poker, make sure to familiarize yourself with some of them, and if you’re ever in doubt – ask!
Rules of Texas Holdem Poker – some general education on this variation of poker.
Rules of Omaha Poker – some general education on this variation of poker.
Rules of 7 Card Stud Poker – some general education on this variation of poker.